Friday, January 13, 2017

Eating Out and Staying on Track

I had my meal plan ready for the week, but as always, we like to go out on Friday nights, so I attempted to prepare myself all day for where to go and what I would choose to eat.  I even saved containers and didn't eat as much food, so I would be safe at dinner.

Things didn't go as planned, my little one was very fussy, most likely bc she didn't get a good nap at daycare, I now know this bc she was in bed by 7:30 tonight.  However, I ordered a salad and some risotto, thinking I would be safe, well an hour later as I am starved, (the restaurant was very behind) I started eating my little ones chips and chicken tenders.  I did resist the fries that my husband ordered, so I will say that is a little victory.  I think we are steering away from going out for a while which is good bc I am going to start the 21 day fix extreme next week.  I really want to give it my all to lose the last little bit of baby weight that is lingering.  Nutrition is the key, they say abs are made in the kitchen and I am believer in that!

Here are some tips for staying on track when out at a restaurant:

1, Plan ahead
2, Think ahead- make sure the menu has a lot to offer
3. Substitute a side salad instead of fries
4. I also find it easier to split your food in half and ask for a box right away for lunch the next day
5. Chew your food, it's best to chew 20-30 times, its proven to work

No comments:

Post a Comment